Schedule your next appointment today!
In order to serve you more efficiently, we are now offering online scheduling.
Access your pet portal!
The online pet portal allows you to have quick and easy access to see appointments, vaccine records, upcoming reminders and lets you request refills for prescriptions.
Meet our Doctors
Dr. Cynthia BarkerVeterinarian - CCAH Co-Owner
A 2005 graduate of Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine. She continued her study at MSU for an additional year completing an internship in anesthesia with an interest in emergency medicine. She has worked in the Ann Arbor area for many years now. Read More»
Dr. Michele ForbesVeterinarian - CCAH Co-Owner
Dr. Forbes earned her Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine (DVM) from the University of Illinois Veterinary College in 2004, where she was a member of the Society of Phi Zeta (Veterinary Scholastic Honor Society). She also earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan Schools of Business and Literature, Science, and Arts. Read More»
Dr. Sarah KemnerVeterinarian
Dr. Sarah Kemner is a 2004 graduate of the Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of a Michigan (Go Blue!) and is excited to be working in Ann Arbor again. Read More»
Dr. Nadia RoehrigVeterinarian
Dr. Nadia Roehrig graduated veterinary school from Michigan State University in 2014. Since graduation, she has practiced both general and emergency veterinary medicine. Her special interests include education in preventative and behavioral care as well as emergency medicine. Read More»
- Working with Dr. Forbes has been a real treat. She is genuinely passionate and caring about each individual pet. With only a few visits, I completely trust the staff at CCAH with my two fur babies. Also I love that I can reach them after hours. It just adds something special to CCAH and lets you know how much these doctors careBrynn
- My cat, Kukla, had a serious eye problem and we've been to a few vet offices...but Compassionate Care is a very special place...Dr. Kemner and Dr. Forbes are wonderful and very kind people. They made sure I was able to get my poor hurting kitty to exactly the right specialist to diagnose her problem...AND they did everything they could to help us both...(sometimes being caretaker is a hard job)...I felt better just having these excellent people in our corner. Hip hip Hooray for Compassionate Care! And happiest news of all...Miss Kukla is recovering.Pat GarrettKukla
- Excellent, personal care. The staff is knowledgable, does everything possible to make the visit pleasant for your pet(s) and you. Highly recommended!Kyle Nelson PentecostEvie & Tiffany
- I want to thank the veterinarians and staff at Compassionate Care Animal Hospital. I am new to the practice and have never seen a more dedicated, competent or caring team. If Cain could have been saved, I know they would have been the ones to do it. I am grateful to them and know they will help me save many dogs in the future.Tracy Van den BerghCain
- How exciting and congratulations! Rudy can't wait to come for a visit. It's been over 11 years since Michele Forbes and Jessica worked their magic and took amazing care of Rudy when he came to them at 9 months old by his previous owner. He had been hit by a car, which resulted in a broken leg and hip. Because of his injuries, he required surgery to repair his hip with a metal plate and his leg had to be put in a cast. He was in pretty sad shape. THANK YOU Michele and Jessica for caring and giving Rudy a second chance! He's amazing and the love of my life!Katherine HibbsRudy
- I am so excited for you MIchelle Forbes DVM extraordinaire! It has been about nine years since you saved Spike's life. This happy 10 year old will be in to see you for his check-up and shots in January.Ann MarkSpike