Your pets are our priority!
Compassionate Care Animal Hospital is located in the Woodland Plaza at 2200 South Main Street in Ann Arbor. We opened our doors on February 4, 2015.
What’s in a long name? Compassionate Care Animal Hospital describes what we do best and sets us apart from the rest.
CCAH is a group of colleagues and friends who care deeply and passionately about animals and their families. We are dedicated to outstanding veterinary care in a personal, compassionate setting. An integral part of what we offer is follow-up and working with families to keep their pets healthy and happy.
Each of the staff members has been in the veterinary profession for 10 years, mostly in the Ann Arbor area. Each of us has worked in general practice medicine as well as emergency medicine. We have a wide range of skills, interests, and knowledge that we bring to CCAH. Most importantly, we know how important your pets are to you. They are family members and each touch your lives in unique, meaningful, and loving ways. We are passionate about ensuring your pets’ health and wellness over a lifetime.
At Compassionate Care Animal Hospital, your pets are our priority!
Based on our experiences, we have equipped our clinic with the diagnostics, equipment, and medications that we feel will best serve our patients and clients.
Our Support Staff
Marie MarionVeterinary Assistant
Marie joined CCAH in 2015. She has been working in the veterinary profession since 2012 but has been surrounded by animals all her life. Marie lives south of Saline on her family farm – where she wakes up every day at 4:00 a.m. to help milk the cows. She is one of eleven children, and is a cancer survivor. Read More»
Melissa Jambor, L.V.T.Licensed Veterinary Technician
Melissa has been working in the veterinary profession as an LVT since she graduated from Stautzenberger College in 2004. Her passion for helping animals started at a very young age (as far back as she can remember!). Her favorite animals to work with are dogs and horses, although she loves to help any domestic or wild animal in need. Read More»
Becky OrrisonVeterinary Assistant
Becky has been working in the veterinary profession for over 10 years, starting as a receptionist in June, 2002. Within six months, she started working as a veterinary assistant and has since continued to develop her medical skills, knowledge, and passion for taking care of pets and their families.
Jerri MachVeterinary Assistant
Jerri has been working in the veterinary field for more than 13 years. Her experience includes specialty medicines: emergency, neurology, and rehabilitation, and general medicine. She is one of our therapeutic laser therapy technicians as well. She has a wealth of physical therapy and rehabilitation experience and knowledge.
- Working with Dr. Forbes has been a real treat. She is genuinely passionate and caring about each individual pet. With only a few visits, I completely trust the staff at CCAH with my two fur babies. Also I love that I can reach them after hours. It just adds something special to CCAH and lets you know how much these doctors careBrynn
- My cat, Kukla, had a serious eye problem and we've been to a few vet offices...but Compassionate Care is a very special place...Dr. Kemner and Dr. Forbes are wonderful and very kind people. They made sure I was able to get my poor hurting kitty to exactly the right specialist to diagnose her problem...AND they did everything they could to help us both...(sometimes being caretaker is a hard job)...I felt better just having these excellent people in our corner. Hip hip Hooray for Compassionate Care! And happiest news of all...Miss Kukla is recovering.Pat GarrettKukla
- Excellent, personal care. The staff is knowledgable, does everything possible to make the visit pleasant for your pet(s) and you. Highly recommended!Kyle Nelson PentecostEvie & Tiffany
- I want to thank the veterinarians and staff at Compassionate Care Animal Hospital. I am new to the practice and have never seen a more dedicated, competent or caring team. If Cain could have been saved, I know they would have been the ones to do it. I am grateful to them and know they will help me save many dogs in the future.Tracy Van den BerghCain
- How exciting and congratulations! Rudy can't wait to come for a visit. It's been over 11 years since Michele Forbes and Jessica worked their magic and took amazing care of Rudy when he came to them at 9 months old by his previous owner. He had been hit by a car, which resulted in a broken leg and hip. Because of his injuries, he required surgery to repair his hip with a metal plate and his leg had to be put in a cast. He was in pretty sad shape. THANK YOU Michele and Jessica for caring and giving Rudy a second chance! He's amazing and the love of my life!Katherine HibbsRudy
- I am so excited for you MIchelle Forbes DVM extraordinaire! It has been about nine years since you saved Spike's life. This happy 10 year old will be in to see you for his check-up and shots in January.Ann MarkSpike
Affiliations and Accreditation
All the doctors at CCAH are proud members of:
CCAH earned AAHA accreditation within 5 months of opening. AAHA guidelines require us to meet over 900 of the highest standards for our facility, equipment, practice methods, continuing education, and hospital management. Only 12% of North American animal hospitals earn this voluntary accreditation.